The proteases in the epidermis are responsible for differentiation of keratinocytes, creation and destruction of desmosomes (‘mechanical’ intracellular junctions) and formation of lipids found in the intercellular cement, especially ceramides. The aging process is associated with reduction in protease activity, which leads to water loss, decreased speed of formation and renewal of the structural elements of the epidermis. As a result, the horny layer becomes thicker, cutaneous oil and impurities accumulate on the skin surface, texture becomes uneven and skin tone becomes dull and grey. The blend of proteolytic enzymes in Bio-Enzyme Gel helps renew the desquamation process, especially to break down the desmosomes that bind dead cells together and prevent them from being removed from the skin surface. Also contains hyaluronic acid in a moisturising xyloglucan/phospholipid base. pH~6 so it won’t affect the acid mantle.
Advantages of Bio-Enzyme Gel
• It is gentler than light superficial peels using fruit acids, although the effects from both are similar
• It can be performed all year round, a couple of times a week and is safe to use at home
• It is suitable for all skin types, even the skin that is prone to irritations and skin with telangiectasias and vascularity spots, because it affects the skin’s surface gently and incorporates no abrasive particles
• Any skin care products applied after treatment with this gel, penetrate the skin better – their efficacy is higher thanks to the removal and shedding of the horny layer, so this is great to use in the days before a procedure
• It can be used as an express peel as it has immediate results
• No recuperative period is required – there is no skin flaking or hyperemia
• The enzymes slow down the growth of facial hair and make hair stems thinner. Enzyme hair removal is actually based on this fact. Also great for male skin to make shaving easier!
• It can be used to exfoliate skin on hands and body, especially neck and decolletage
• It is a good alternative to chemical peels, if a patient is intolerable to acids or long use of AHAs and other exfoliation treatments finally cause the habituation effect
• If there are indications, it can be used safely during pregnancy and lactation
Above all, we have made this product affordable, without reducing the quality, levels and efficacy of the active ingredients.
• Pigment spots
• Acne and post acne marks
• All skin types, including sensitive couperose-prone skin
• Suitable for people with ‘wheatish’ complexion
• Superficial wrinkles and fine lines
• Clogged pores (comedones and milia)
• Uneven texture and dull skin tone
• Loose skin
• Skin debris
• Skin that has been exposed to the sunlight and is showing the signs of photoaging
• Preparation for more serious skin treatments.
• Intolerance of any ingredient of the enzyme peel solution
• Exacerbation of skin disorders
• Pancreatic diabetes and other diseases that lead to lowered immune functioning
• Any damage to skin surface
• Active herpes episode